Action Deadlines – Combustion
This page is subject to updates. Please keep checking for any changes.**
- All documents must be submitted in the same format as stated in the FSAE 2017-18 Rules booklet, unless otherwise mentioned on this page.
- Unless mentioned, it is assumed that all documents must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on the mentioned deadline date.
- Name documents as Car#_SchoolName_FileName_Year. For Example, if University of Infinity, Car #09 is submitting Impact Attenuator document, please submit file as 09_UniversityofInfinity_IAD_2018.
- Document submissions short forms are provided in the table below next to the names of the submissions in brackets.
QUERIES AND CONTACTS:
- General queries: Sherry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Document submission process: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rules, SES, IAD, Design Report, Spec Sheet Inquires: Michael Bakaic, email@example.com
|Item||Online Submission Dates||Method|
|Registration||October 28, 2017- December 8, 2017||Online|
|Registration rules quiz||October 28, 2017||Online|
|Fees Payment (registration confirmation)||As per confirmation||Online|
|Notice of Intent- Building to Alternative Frame Rules||December 15, 2017|
|Notice of Intent- Electric Throttle Control Rules||December 15, 2017|
|Structural Equivalency Spreadsheet (SES)||January 5, 2018||Upload|
|Structural Requirements Compliance Form (SRCF)||January 5, 2018||Upload|
|Business Logic Case (BLC)||January 26, 2018||Upload|
|Electric Throttle Control Failure Modules and Effect Analysis (ETC)||January 26, 2018||Upload|
|Impact Attenuator Data (IAD)||Febuary 23, 2018||Upload|
|Design Report (DR)||March 16, 2018||Upload|
|Spec Sheet (SS)||March 16, 2018||Upload|
|Cost Report* (CR)||April 13, 2018||Upload|
|Fuel Type Order**||April 20, 2018|
|Program Submission (PS)||April 27, 2018|
|Team Member Information (TMI)||May 11, 2018||Online|
|* Soft-copy to be submitted online. Hard copy to be submitted at the event.|
|**C85 and 93 Octane|
The following are the Formula North details for the combustion and electric class 2018 season.
There will be a registration quiz, in order to determine the car number and the pre-scrutineering order. The quiz will cover the FSAE rules for the respective category and basic combustion/electric vehicle engineering knowledge. The quiz scoring is calculated according to the following formula (N*500)-(T*5), giving importance to number of valid answers (N) and time to complete the quiz (T) .
The tech order will be roughly based on the car# you receive after completing the registration quiz. This order will be affected only when document submission deadlines are not met by the teams and will be updated after the last document is submitted. Hence a delayed submission will cost you your spot for tech inspection during the competition, so make sure you mark your calendars and hit “submit” on time! This year, we will enforce penalties for every deliverable submission and resubmission, no matter if the deliverable is worth points or not. If the team has not provided a significant attempt to address the issue the document will be considered as submitted late.
*Page updated December 14, 2017
** Formula North is not an official event under Formula SAE or SAE International.