Action Dealines – Combustion
This page is subject to updates. Please keep checking for any changes.**
– Unless mentioned, it is assumed that all documents must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on the mentioned deadline date.
– Name documents as Car#_SchoolNameSHORTFORM_FileName_Year. For Example, if University of Infinity, Car #14 is submitting Impact Attenuator document, please submit file as 14_Infinity_IAD_2017. Click here for your team’s school name short-form.
– Document submissions short forms are provided in the table below next to the names of the submissions in brackets.
– General queries about document submissions process: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Rules, SES, IAD, Design Report, Spec Sheet Inquires: Michael Bakaic, email@example.com
– Cost Report Inquires: Jackie Lebrun, firstname.lastname@example.org
– TMI Inquiries: Chloe Rangel, email@example.com
|ITEM||ONLINE SUBMISSION DATES||METHOD|
|Registration||October 19–December 18, 2016||Online|
|Registration Rules Quiz||October 19, 2016||Online|
|Fees Payment (Registration Confirmation)||As per confirmation||Online (PayPal, Wire Transfer*)|
|Notice of Intent – Building to Alternative Frame Rules||November 16, 2016|
|Notice of Intent – Electronic Throttle Control Rules||November 16, 2016|
|Structural Equivalency Spreadsheet (SES)||January 23, 2017||Upload|
|Structural Requirements Compliance Form (Alt. Frames Rule Document) (SRCF)||January 23, 2017||Upload|
|Business Logic Case (BLC)||January 30, 2017||Upload|
|Electronic Throttle Control Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (ETC)||January 30, 2017||Upload|
|Impact Attenuator Data (IAD)||February 23, 2017||Upload|
|Design Report (DR)||March 13, 2017||Upload|
|Spec Sheet (SS)||March 13, 2017||Upload|
|Cost Report (CR) - Submit softcopy via email. Bring the hardcopy at event registration||April 10, 2017||Upload|
|Fuel Type Order (C85, 93 Octane)||April 15, 2017|
|Program Submission (PS)||April 19, 2017|
|Team Member Information (TMI)||May 18, 2017||Online|
Formula North’s combustion and electric class is upgrading for the 2017 new season.
There will be a registration quiz, in order to determine the car number and the pre-scrutineering order. The quiz will cover the FSAE rules for the respective category and basic combustion/electric vehicle engineering knowledge. The quiz scoring is calculated according to the following formula (N*500)-(T*5), giving importance to number of valid answers (N) and time to complete the quiz (T) .
The tech order will be roughly based on the car# you receive after completing the registration quiz. This order will be affected only when document submission deadlines are not met by the teams and will be updated after the last document is submitted. Hence a delayed submission will cost you your spot for tech inspection during the competition, so make sure you mark your calendars and hit “submit” on time! This year, we will enforce penalties for every deliverable submission and resubmission, no matter if the deliverable is worth points or not. If the team has not provided a significant attempt to address the issue the document will be considered as submitted late.
*Page updated April 14, 2017
** Formula North is not an official event under Formula SAE or SAE International.