For teams who want to protest Static Event results at Formula North 2017, please see the following timeslots and locations for Saturday, June 3 at the Barrie Molson Center:
- Design Event – Trevor Vaughan – 12 PM to 1 PM – Media Room
- Cost Event – Justin Fontolliet – 9 AM to 10 AM – Locker Room 2
- Business Event – Anna Bechtel – 9 AM to 10 AM – Media Room
For concerns, please report to Event Control.
The following is the tentative schedule for the Static Events which shall be taking place at Formula North 2017. Participants may bring their concerns with their time-slots to Event Control.
Static events are not open to visitors, unless permitted by event organizers.
Download: FN2017 Static Scheduling (Version 1, June 1/17, 1:15 PM)
Please see the Technical Scrutineering order for Combustion and Electric Teams participating at Formula North 2017.
|Combustion Teams||Electric Teams|
|01 S&T Racing
07 UConn Formula SAE
08 Formula ETS
11 Formule Polytechnique
14 FSAE UQAC
18 Saluki Formula Racing
19 RIT Racing
21 Lancer Motorsports
24 Warrior Racing
25 UMD Racing
26 Ravens Racing
29 Dal Motorsports
31 V8 Racing Facens
17 Formula uOttawa
22 Formula Buckeyes
30 Rutgers Formula Racing
09 UW Formula Motorsports
02 Western Formula Racing
12 Cornell Racing
16 Cyclone Racing
06 McGill Racing Team
04 Panther Racing
15 UIC Motorsports
20 Grizzlies Racing
23 University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team
|Spartan Racing Electric
Carnegie Mellon Racing
Penn Electric Racing
Formule SAE de l’Université Laval
RIT Racing Electric
McGill Formula Electric
Olin Electric Motorsports
The Formula North 2017 event is open to visitors of all ages and entry is free. All visitors are required to sign a liability waiver and procure a wristband upon registration. On June 1 and June 2, registration will take place at the East Entrance of the Barrie Molson Center. On June 3 and June 4, registration will take place near the Dynamic Gate entry. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Visitors are only allowed on ground during visitor hours. You may download the Program Booklet for more information on the schedule.
The following is the Real Case scenario for participating teams at Formula North 2017:
Unforeseen economic and geopolitical events made the price of aluminum jump by 1000%. This directly affects the supply chain for your manufacturing departments, which means all the parts that are costed as made.
In this real case scenario, you have to highlight which one (1) of the following two major systems would be the most affected by this market upset: the Drivetrain or the Unsprung mass. Then, you have to present a design and manufacturing strategy that minimizes the effect of the cost spike of that highlighted system.
Points will be awarded proportionally to the depth of analysis shown at every step of the team’s mitigation plan. We strongly encourage teams to think outside the box and bring cost and engineering data on event day.
Please get in touch with Justin Fontolliet at jfontolliet@formulanorth.
The Participant Event Booklet for Formula North 2017 is now available. Please ensure you review this guide prior to arriving at the event. Here are a few important takeaways:
- Tentative schedule is included in this Participant Event Booklet.
- New member registrations will not be taken on-site. Please complete the Team Member Information submission procedures as highlighted on the Action Deadlines pages for Combustion and Electric categories, by May 18. This includes provision of details of all team members in attendance including provision of proof of health / travel insurance.
- Participants of teams in the Electric category are required to arrive at Early Registration on May 31 and move in their vehicles to prep for accumulator inspection on the morning of June 1st.
- All teams who have requested for 93 Octane must bring an empty pre-approved gasoline can, at registration.
- All teams are required to bring their own projector/ screen equipment (if required) for the Presentation Event.
Download the Participant Event Booklet here. Released May 11, 2017
Please note that FN2017 shall not be accepting new registrations on-site. Additionally, it is important for all participants to have health insurance or travel insurance in order to have their registration accepted.
The deadline for submitting all participants information and insurance scans on your provided TMI Spreadsheet and Folder is Thursday, May 18. If your registered email addresses have not received access to your team’s TMI folder and spreadsheet, please contact us asap.
Email us at email@example.com for any concerns.