The following is the Real Case scenario for participating teams at Formula North 2017:
Unforeseen economic and geopolitical events made the price of aluminum jump by 1000%. This directly affects the supply chain for your manufacturing departments, which means all the parts that are costed as made.
In this real case scenario, you have to highlight which one (1) of the following two major systems would be the most affected by this market upset: the Drivetrain or the Unsprung mass. Then, you have to present a design and manufacturing strategy that minimizes the effect of the cost spike of that highlighted system.
Points will be awarded proportionally to the depth of analysis shown at every step of the team’s mitigation plan. We strongly encourage teams to think outside the box and bring cost and engineering data on event day.
Please get in touch with Justin Fontolliet at jfontolliet@formulanorth.
Please note that FN2017 shall not be accepting new registrations on-site. Additionally, it is important for all participants to have health insurance or travel insurance in order to have their registration accepted.
The deadline for submitting all participants information and insurance scans on your provided TMI Spreadsheet and Folder is Thursday, May 18. If your registered email addresses have not received access to your team’s TMI folder and spreadsheet, please contact us asap.
Email us at email@example.com for any concerns.
The Program Submissions deadline is now moved to Wednesday April 19th. The Action Deadlines for the same have been updated as well. If you are interested in having your team featured in the 2017 Formula North Program Booklet, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in a .zip file:
- Design Summary of 1200 characters or less.
- Team Photo – This should be a photo of your team with the car. Photo size requirements: jpeg format; maximum file size 2000 KB; minimum image size of 1000 pixels.
- Three CAD Drawings (similar to what you provide in design reports)
- FRONT-SCHEMATIC. Photo size requirements: .927 inches wide x .763 inches high; 278 pixels wide X 229 pixels high; 300 ppi
- SIDE-SCHEMATIC. Photo size requirements: .927 inches wide x .52 inches high; 278 pixels wide X 156 pixels high; 300 ppi
- TOP-SCHEMATIC. Photo size requirements: .927 inches wide x .1.79 inches high; 278 pixels wide X 537 pixels high; 300 ppi
- Complete Vehicle Specifications